Interesting items from the study:
• All “white Christian” religions in the US are declining except Mormons.
• All “white Christian” religions are aging (lack of young people) in the US except Mormons.
• Mormons are steady at about 2% of the US population.
• Gender identifying as Mormon: 48% men, 52% women (one of the most gender balanced religions in the US).
• Men account for 64% of atheists and 63% of agnostics in the US.
• 38% of people 18-29 are in the “religiously unaffiliated” category.
• The religiously unaffiliated category is higher and growing faster than ever at 24% of the US population.
• Mormons continue to be one of the most educated religions in the US but have a larger group with only some college education at 32%.
• Mormons have the largest family sizes out of all religions in the US.
• 42% of Mormons have more than 3 children under 18 in their homes.
• 44% of Mormons are Republicans, 12% are Democrats.
• 51% of Utah identifies as Mormon. Six states are less diverse.
• 20% of Idaho identifies as Mormon.
Who is Paul Darr?
Paul Darr has lived in the Inland Empire region of California, Oregon, Colorado and currently lives in San Antonio, Texas. Paul is also an Army Veteran, who has deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. On the political spectrum Paul is a Libertarian that advocates fiscal responsibility and social tolerance. Paul is currently employed as a Computer Support Technician and is a father of a handsome boy and beautiful daughter. In his free time Paul enjoys reading, using and modifying open source software, gaming and several other geeky pursuits.