* Abel Maldonado (R) got it on the ballot as a back room deal to help protect incumbents. In the few states where similar measures have passed incumbents are virtually imposable to get out of office. Even those that need it badly.
* The general election will not allow write-in candidates.
* Elections will cost more money at a time when necessary services like firefighters, police, and education are being cut. County election officials predict an increased cost of 30 percent….
* Voter choice will be reduced because the top two vote getters advance to the general election regardless of political party.
* This means voters may be forced to choose between two candidates from the same political party. Democrats could be forced to choose between two Republicans, or not vote at all. Republicans could be forced to choose between two Democrats, or not vote at all.
* Independent and smaller political parties like Greens and Libertarians will be forced off the ballot, further reducing choice.
Who is Paul Darr?
Paul Darr has lived in the Inland Empire region of California, Oregon, Colorado and currently lives in San Antonio, Texas. Paul is also an Army Veteran, who has deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. On the political spectrum Paul is a Libertarian that advocates fiscal responsibility and social tolerance. Paul is currently employed as a Computer Support Technician and is a father of a handsome boy and beautiful daughter. In his free time Paul enjoys reading, using and modifying open source software, gaming and several other geeky pursuits.